Water route to Venice
Transfer to and from Marco Polo Airport - Venice main island by Alilaguna boats
If you'd prefer to approach the city by water, you could take one of the Alilaguna motoscafi (water-buses). Alilaguna is the only public boat service serving Venice Marco Polo Airport and currently runs three routes directly to and from the airport.
Alilaguna water bus (vaporetto) routes
Linea Blu or Blue Line (Airport - San Marco - Cruise terminal), with intermediate stops at Murano Colonna, Fondamenta Nove, Ospedale, Bacini, Lido, Arsenale, San Zaccaria, San Marco, Zattere, and Giudecca (Hilton Molino Stucky) before reaching the cruise terminal.
Linea Arancio or Orange Line (Airport - Santa Maria del Giglio) with intermediate stops at Fondamenta Nove, Madonna Dell'Orto, Guglie (railway station), San Stae, Rialto, Sant'Angelo, and Ca' Rezzonico.
Linea Rossa or Red Line (Airport - San Marco), with stops at Murano Museo and the main Lido stop (Santa Maria Elisabetta) on its way to San Marco. This route is seasonal and only operates from April trough November.
Alilaguna water-buses take about 1 hour 20 minutes to reach San Marco via Murano Colonna and the Lido on the Blue line, or slightly less on the Orange line via the Grand Canal.
The Alilaguna ticket purchased at venice>connected allows you to travel from the Marco Polo airport to the city centre of Venice (and vice versa) using the Alilaguna water-bus services.
At venice>connected it is possible to purchase both one-way and return tickets on line, if at least one week in advance, discounted.
Note that ACTV's Tourist Travel Cards cannot be used on Alilaguna boats or vice versa. Alilaguna is a separate company from ACTV, the transit authority that runs Venice's public water and land buses. ACTV's Tourist Travel Cards do not cover transportation on Alilaguna airport boats.
The Alilaguna tickets purchased at //venice>connected are valid for the following routes:
- Blue line (Linea Blu): Marco Polo airport - Murano Colonna - Fondamente Nove - Ospedale - Bacini - (Certosa) - Lido Santa Maria Elisabetta - Arsenale - San Zaccaria Jolanda - Piazza San Marco - Zitelle - Zattere - Giudecca Hotel Hilton Molino Stucky - Cruise terminal or vice versa
- Orange line (Linea Arancio): Marco Polo airport - Madonna dell’Orto - Guglie (railway station) - San Stae - Rialto - Sant’Angelo - Ca' Rezzonico - Santa Maria del Giglio or vice versa
- Red line (Linea Rossa): Marco Polo airport - Murano Museo - (Certosa) - Lido Santa Maria Elisabetta - San Marco or vice versa (this route is seasonal and only operates from April trough November)
Please visit Alilaguna's site for any changes to the routes and timetables.
Types of tickets
Alilaguna tickets available at //venice>connected:
• 72 hour pass for all Alilaguna lines (Blue, Orange and Red Line) + Murano Burano Torcello Islands tour
• 24 hour pass for all Alilaguna lines (Blue, Orange and Red Line)
• Public boat transportation Marco Polo airport / Venice city centre or vice versa.
• Public boat transportation Cruise terminal / Venice city centre or vice versa
• Public boat transportation Marco Polo airport / Murano or vice versa
• Public boat transportation Cruise terminal / Lido di Venezia/ Murano or vice versa
• Public boat transportation San Marco square / Murano via Canal Grande or vice versa
You can buy both return tickets and one-way tickets, both inbound and outbound. The return tickets are valid for 30 days starting from the ticket collection date indicated at the moment of purchase.
How to collect the tickets
At your arrival in Venice, you will have to exchange your voucher - i.e. the email confirmation received by email with your PNR code - with regular tickets exclusively at the authorised Alilaguna ticket offices.
Before using Alilaguna services, all vouchers must be exchanged with tickets at any of the following Alilaguna ticket offices:
Desks at Marco Polo International Airport
In the arrival hall: open 7 days a week (08.00 - 00.00) - Tel. +39/041/5416555
Airport dockyard: open 7 days a week (07.30 - 00.00) - Tel. +39/041/2619091
Desks at San Marco
c/o embarkation area Alilaguna ACTV: open 7 days a week (06.30 - 22.00) (Christmas10:00-17:00) - Tel. +39/041/2412028
Giardinetti Reali: open 7 days a week (10:00 - 18:00) - Tel. +39/041/2960381
Giardinetti Reali at APT (Tourist information office) Venice Pavillion desk: open 7 days a week (10:00-17:45) (Christmas closed) - Tel. +39/041/2960381
Desk Rialto (at Campo San Luca c/o Agenzia Bucintoro Viaggi): from Monday to Friday (09:00-18:45), Saturday (9:30-17:30), Sunday closed - Tel. +39/041/2401715
Piazzale Roma (from 21/03 to 31/10) c/o garage comunale parking: open 7 days a week (09:00-16:45)
Tronchetto Parking at car park Interparking Tronchetto - Isola Nuova del Tronchetto (from 01/02 to 31/10): open 7 days a week (09:00-16:15) - Tel. +39/041/2410991
Cruise Terminal at 103 dock or at Isonzo dock: open 7 days a week (08.00-16.00) - Tel. +39/041/2960381
Santa Lucia railway station c/o Venezia Marketing & Eventi outside desk (02/02 - 04/11): open 7 days a week (09:00-17:00), from 16/03 8:00 - 19:45 - Tel. +39/041/2960381
Before getting on board, don't forget to validate your ticket!
Please remember that if you buy a return ticket, you must validate the ticket when used for the first time and kept it for the return trip. In case passengers do not withdraw tickets before getting on board, there is no guarantee they will be admitted on board even if they have a valid voucher.
On the Alilaguna public transport service children under 6 or under the height of one metre travel free, the others pay the full fee. Groups or families reductions are not available.
Location of services
Look at the map to find out information on Alilaguna services and ticket desks' opening hours and location in Venice.
Please read carefully the service regulations.