Venice, Mestre and the islands of the lagoon
ACTV's Tourist Travel Cards
Time-based Tourist Travel Cards purchased on-line through //venice>connected are the best solution for getting around Venice and the islands - Burano, Murano and Torcello - and the adjacent mainland, using the services of ACTV, Venice’s public transport company.
These can be used on all means of transport of the navigation lines – except the Alilaguna lines and the ACTV navigation lines 19, 16, 21, Vaporetto dell' Arte, and Casinò - and on the land lines covered by urban bus services within the Municipality of Venice including the urban transport lines of Mestre (tramline included) and the Lido bus service. The basic Tourist Travel card does not include trips on the number 4, 15, 45 and 5 Aerobus bus line, coming from and going to Venice Marco Polo airport.
Validity can be 12, 24, 36, 48, 72 hours or 7 days, depending on the chosen solution.
If you wish to purchase a ticket for the transfer trip from Marco Polo airport to Venice – or vice versa – with the ACTV bus line, coming from and going to Venice Marco Polo airport, you will have to buy limited time tourist travel cards which also include the supplement fee for the connection to/from the airport. You can opt whether to combine the limited time tourist travel card with a single or a return journey to/from Marco Polo airport.
Please note that all Tourist Travel Cards purchased on line through venice>connected, after converting the PNR to ticket, start being valid from the moment of the first validation.
The card's validity starts from the exact moment – hour and minutes – it is validated and ceases at the duration expiry, after 12/24/36/48/72 hours or 7 days.
of the iMob validating machines
located at the entrance to the ACTV vaporetto loading docks and aboard the urban buses at the beginning of each and every journey and change of vehicles.
All Tourist Travel Cards include the following ACTV services:
• waterborne services of Venice, the islands of Lido, Murano, Burano and Torcello and Punta Sabbioni (except for the following routes: Alilaguna, Clodia, Fusina, no. 25 and Casinò); water service no. 31 (Pellestrina-Chioggia) and the ferry service Tronchetto-Lido and return, for foot passengers only;
• bus services in Mestre, Lido island as far as Pellestrina.
The following are not included:
• journeys with ACTV bus route no.4, 15, 45 and 5 AeroBus that start from or arrive at Marco Polo airport, unless integrated by the appropriate fare; to find out more details about Marco Polo airport transfers, please see here;
• journeys with ACTV waterbus route Vaporetto dell'arte;
• the connections with Chioggia (with out-of-town bus route), Jesolo, and other districts outside the municipal area; for these you must buy an extra ticket or use the services of ATVO lines;
• the service connecting the Treviso Airport (Ryanair) served by ATVO lines;
• the possibility of taking vehicles onto the Tronchetto-Lido island car ferries.
How to collect the Tourist Travel Cards
You can convert your voucher - by communicating the PNR - into valid Tourist Travel Cards at the desk of any of the //venice>connected points or you can use the ACTV ticket machines, active 24 hours a day. We recommend you use the ACTV ticket machines to pick up your Tourist Travel Cards: they are more common than the //venice>connected points, they are always operational and you save time. Make sure you collect all the tickets and the receipt.
Tickets can be picked up from the date chosen as first use day in the calendar and not later than 24 months from the date of purchase.
On all urban services provided by ACTV (waterbuses, airport buses, Mestre bus lines, Lido bus lines):
• Children under 6 years of age travel free;
• Children from 6 to 14 years: no reductions, fares are the same as for adults;
• Young people between 14 and 29 years of age can purchase the Rolling Venice card, a card for sale at the price of 4 Euros, at the Hellovenezia ticket offices, also present at Marco Polo airport. The Rolling Venice card allows the bearer to purchase the ACTV 72 hour ticket for young people at the price of 18 Euros, that allows an unlimited number of trips and can be used on all means of transport of the navigation lines – except the Alilaguna lines and the ACTV navigation lines 19, 16, 21 and Casinò - and on the land lines covered by urban bus services within the Municipality of Venice - the urban bus lines of Mestre and the Lido bus service – except trips on the number 4, 15, 45 and 5 Aerobus bus line, coming from and going to Venice Marco Polo airport. For further information look up the website www.hellovenezia.com
Tickets collection points
Look at the map to see the locations of the ACTV ticket machines and the //venice>connected points.